Bakersfield and Kern County
- 2019 Homeless Point-in-Time Count reflects a 50% increase over the prior year.
- Countywide, families with children accounted for 16% of the homeless population.
- Children constituted almost 11% of homeless people counted.
- One home saves $60 million in societal cost over 20 years.
- One home saves $25 million when discounted at 5% cost of money.
- 14% compounded annual return on social investment.
- Over 60 years, we save $200 million and transform over 1,000 lives.
- Make inter-generational impact; solution vs band-aid.